We feature speakers at Big Data Bootcamp Dallas - TX May 5 - 7, 2017 to catch up and find out what he or she is working on now and what's coming next. This week we're talking to Mike Litzkow, Manager, Denodo.
Interview with Mike Litzkow
1. Tell us about yourself and your background.
Mike Litzkow – Mike is Director for Denodo’s business in TOLA. Mike has worked with enterprise clients since 1998 helping them define the value of enterprise data assets. His focus includes Data Virtualization, Data Integration, Master Data Management, Data Warehousing and Data Analytics
2. What have you been working on recently?
Most recently I have been working on new enterprise data use cases including IoT for predictive maintenance for field services, virtual master data and Semantic views for self service.
3. Tell me about the right tool you used recently to solve customer problem?
The Denodo Platform is a critical piece of any flexible, agile modern data architecture – whether based on data lakes, data hubs, or logical data warehouses
4. What are some of the best takeaways that the attendees can have from your "Data Virtualization" talk?
5. What are the top 5 Big Data Use cases?
6. What trends you see in upcoming 6 months?
7. Any closing remarks?
Data virtualization provides an abstraction layer that isolates users from the format, location, technologies, and protocols for storing and accessing data. This abstraction greatly simplifies the introduction and rollout of new technologies. Because the Denodo Platform doesn’t copy or replicate data and provides on-demand, real-time access to data while it resides in original data stores, the integration and delivery of data is up to 95% faster.